Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm not sure exactly which dept this is supposed to be in but i have a rather perplexing problem with my PC.
Everything works great, Never a problem with it but when i shut it down to turn off it does all the usual stuff but when it reaches the exit welcome screen(where it says "windows is shutting down" or "saving your settings") my PC does not turn itself off?
The last screen just stays there and will not go. The power and HD LED's both turn off but cpu fan is still running. I am forced to turn it off by holding the pwr button on to turn it off(4 sec's).
When i restart PC from windows it turns off and reboots like normal but not with shutdown?
My only logical guess is it's not shutting down,rather going into hibernate or something? also it does the same thing on Vista as well as XP?

Board is an EG31M Rev 2.0/2.13Ghz Core 2 DUO(LGA775)/1x 2GB DDR800/400GB SATA 2 HD with Vista on C: and XP on D:(multiboot) and uses onboard graphics)

Any Ideas???
Thanks!

·
TSF Team Emeritus
9,471 Posts
Thats usually a windows thing but with it doing it in both XP and vista has me wondering if it ain't the psu or motherboard.

I would run chkdsk /r from cammand promt for the heck of it.

List your full system specs maybe someone else will have a idea

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The PC (it's my mothers actually) is a
board:Gigabyte EG31M Rev 2.0 LGA775 1066Mhz(266Mhz QDR)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13Ghz (dual core) with 2MB L2 (i think)
GPU: onboard 128MB IGP.
RAM: 1 x 2GB DDR2/800 (PC2,6400) 240 pin module CAS = 6.0
Case: Acer Veriton 3600 or 5600 desktop case.
HD: Seagate 400GB SATA 2 (3Gbp\s) (4 partitions)
PSU: I'm not exactly sure what brand it is(can find out but not now) but it is a 250 or 350w and it's one of those long thin ones made for desktops (not ATX). I will post the exact specs of the PSU tomorrow (voltages/Amps etc etc) and brand.
It only started after the PC got a major Trojan horse and i had to format the whole drive to get rid of it and afterwards reinstalled Win XP Pro SP3 and no probs with it except for this. Don't know if the Trojan is relevant but thought i should add it as it is a surrounding factor i guess?
Anyway til 2moz.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.