Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
small problem here but it's looking to start me drinking.....no matter what you are doing at any given point the monitor just shuts off.....no warning no nothing.

i'm running XP pro and in the admid account under power options it is told to never shut off the monitor.....under the account that is used by everyone else is says it is to shut off in 20 minutes and i can't change it. got looking at the CPU temp and it was cranking....replaced the heatsink and fan with alot better one and dropped my temps down 40 degrees....thought it might be over heating and kicking out the monitor.....still does it.

got looking at the stock power supply in my case...it was only a 300 W so i took it out and put in a 500 W......thought the Geforce 2 400 mx was starving for power....still does it.

the case has enough air moving around inside with the help of 3 fans...so over heating is not a problem.....any help in this would be wonderful...getting tierd of restarting my computer 10 to 15 times aday because the monitor keeps shutting off.

am running......AMD duron 1200...giga-byte M/B.... 512 mb of pc 133....and as stated above a Geforce 2 400 mx video card.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
does your monitor overheat ??? Do you have a different monitor to test it with ? check your plugs, see if any pins are missing/bent/somehow mutilated.... :D if you decide to go drinking, Im with ya, lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.