Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago i noticed a problem with my computer, the monitor wouldnt come on along with the computer and at first i thought it may have been a problem with the motherboard so i sent it back and foxconn tested it and found no errors at all. I have tryed the monitor on other computers and it works fine but not on this one...any ideas?

P

·
0 Posts
get the monitor working on another computer and lower the resolution and retry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i plugged it up into another computer and it worked so i dropped the resolution down to the lowest level and tryed it again on my original computer and it still doesnt turn on.

P

·
0 Posts
Can you try a different monitor on your computer ?

are you using onboard video or a videocard ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, i tryed the other monitor on it and got the same result. I am currently using onboard video but i do have a video card that i tryed with the original monitor.

P

·
0 Posts
Does the other system have the same motherboard and OS ? Because different systems take different times to post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
both my systems have xp home but that shouldnt make a difference since it is on the hard drives, but the computer that isnt working has a foxconn k8s860mg-lrs and the one that is working, im not sure what type of motherboard it is but its a socket 478 compatible one when the one not working is socket754.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.