Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
This is my first post here, so dont know if this is the correct place to post this.

Ok, my question is concerning apps to monitor all PCs on my local LAN. No need for advanced monitors, all I want is to see just how much they are downloadin/uploading, like this for example:

Local IP 1: DL: 12.3 kb/s UL: 32.5 kb/s
Local IP 2: DL: 0.6 kb/s UL: 60.5 kb/s
and so on, You get the idea...

Between the wall and my PC there is a Netopia Cayman 3351 ADSL Modem, and a D-link Dl-514 wireless router/switch. My OS is Win2000.

I have tried a number of different apps, but all they do is monitor traffic between my PC and the other PCs on the LAN, and the traffic between my PC and the internet (for example: CommView, CommTraffic, different B/W monitors, traceplus ethernet, [email protected] and so on, and so on). Now I'm not saying that one or more of these do what I want, but i was not able to configure them the way I like.

The reason for needing this, is that sometimes internet gets really slow, and I want to determine whether its my ISP not doing their job, or if one of the PCs on our LAN just started a new download/upload.

Hope this is making sense ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all
This is my first post here, so dont know if this is the correct place to post this.

Ok, my question is concerning apps to monitor all PCs on my local LAN. No need for advanced monitors, all I want is to see just how much they are downloadin/uploading, like this for example:

Local IP 1: DL: 12.3 kb/s UL: 32.5 kb/s
Local IP 2: DL: 0.6 kb/s UL: 60.5 kb/s
and so on, You get the idea...

Between the wall and my PC there is a Netopia Cayman 3351 ADSL Modem, and a D-link Dl-514 wireless router/switch. My OS is Win2000.

I have tried a number of different apps, but all they do is monitor traffic between my PC and the other PCs on the LAN, and the traffic between my PC and the internet (for example: CommView, CommTraffic, different B/W monitors, traceplus ethernet, [email protected] and so on, and so on). Now I'm not saying that one or more of these do what I want, but i was not able to configure them the way I like.

The reason for needing this, is that sometimes internet gets really slow, and I want to determine whether its my ISP not doing their job, or if one of the PCs on our LAN just started a new download/upload.

Hope this is making sense ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello,
I am in new this post. Is my kind information of monitor internet usage on LAN. In order to monitor, or and Control Network traffic you need to be able to access and control a central point in the network that passes through all of the Network Traffic.

In the case of small Entry Level LANs that would be the Switch on a Cable/DSL Router or an independent switch if a Cable/DSL Router is not used.

Unfortunately Entry Level Routers or Switches are not equipped with the capacity to collect the information, and allow it to be read, and or controlled by one of the Network's computers.

There are few options to control the Network, or shared Internet activities on the Network computers. u just read it . i think it use to u

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.