Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am having a problem with my computer/monitor and would appreciate very much if I can get some help.

My computer seems to be on all the time and the monitor is in power save mode..so I can see anything on the monitor.
If I shut down the computer manually by pressing the power button and unplug the power cable it comes off...As soon as the power cable is plugged in it starts to boot up on it's own...and the monitor stay in power save mode.

Thanks.

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,530 Posts
Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Does the monitor work with another PC?

Have you tried a different monitor?

Have you tried swapping out the cable?

·
Registered
40,765 Posts
What OS are you having the problem with? You are posting in the Vista/Windows 7 Forum but your profile says you are running Windows 98?
Go to Start/Search and type powercfg.cpl and press enter. go to the Left panel and choose Choose When to Turn Off the Display

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's windows vista..I am not able to see anything on the monitor.I know the monitor is working because i switched pc...it's something with the computer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
40,765 Posts
so I can see anything on the monitor.....I am not able to see anything on the monitor
Excuse my confusion, your first post said you could see what was on the monitor. I got it now.
When you boot the computer do you see the computer logo? or do you see the POST screen (eg) black screen with all the hardware listed? Or is it totally black?
Do you have a separate video card lower in the case that you plug your monitor into? Or are you plugging your monitor into the onboard VGA port up higher by the USB ports?
Make sure the monitor cable is plugged into the computer. If a video card, shut down the computer and re-seat the card into the motherboard.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t see anything..it goes to power save mode when I power up monitor.Totally black.
Plugging monitor into VGA port at the bottom.
thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.