Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family bought a pre-built PC in 2015. Recently bought a secondhand monitor because the old one was broken. Plugged it in, turned it on but the screen is wonky. Like the display just repeats itself 7 times, edge to edge. I can't fix the resolution since I cant click anything.

· Registered
16 Posts
My family bought a pre-built PC in 2015. Recently bought a secondhand monitor because the old one was broken. Plugged it in, turned it on but the screen is wonky. Like the display just repeats itself 7 times, edge to edge. I can't fix the resolution since I cant click anything. View attachment 330599
hy, did you check if there are any buttons on the monitor, behind or on the sides?

· Registered
16 Posts
My family bought a pre-built PC in 2015. Recently bought a secondhand monitor because the old one was broken. Plugged it in, turned it on but the screen is wonky. Like the display just repeats itself 7 times, edge to edge. I can't fix the resolution since I cant click anything. View attachment 330599
Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver that may help.
  • Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
  • Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
  • Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
  • Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
  • After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
  • Also could be a problem on the cable not connected properly or broken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.