Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an HP Pavilion f1503 LCD flat screen monitor----just a few weeks over a year old ...so no warranty. A month ago the monitor started going blank after it was on for about 5-8 mins. I turned it off and back on and the same page was still there so I could continue to work a bit longer until it would go blank again. I tried to go through HP help guide- found on my computer - to do a system check which all came out that it was fine. So we used the monitor for a few more week without incident until it started again this past week...only now I had approx. 1 sec. to view the screen before it would go blank again. So I couldn't run anything diagnostic on it....I decided to unplug it and try a different monitor to make sure the monitor was the issue and the old one worked fine. After plugging this one back in it stays on for 5-10 mins. and then goes blank. Any clue of what the problem is or if it is an easy/inexpensive fix? I am not a computer whiz as I am sure you have figured out by my inability to explain the problem with technical terms.....would love to hear any and all thoughts on this. THANKS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Monitor Going Blank: YES

Yes when it goes off I can see it very very lightly--not enough to figure out where the cursor is etc....but as soon as I switch it off and then turn it back on there it is--the same page I was on nothing changed. What could it be...just started going blank more and more frequent since I hooked it up this a.m. unplugged the cords and replugged them in and now we are on again for a long time span. FRUSTRATING!

·
Registered
1 Posts
f1503 blackouts

there are alot of us experincing the same exact problem. HP found that their f1703 monitor which exhibited the same symptoms had a manufactureres defect in the soldering on the board becoming compromised, thereby when the board heats up the monitor blacks out. HP extended the warranty on the f1703 but to date they have refused to acknowledge that they are aware of anyone having issues with the f1503. If you have these problems contact HP at 877-917-4380 extension 79 and advise them of your problem. This is their quality control dept and they are supposed to be logging these calls to allow them to see that their is a widespread problem. We are trying to get them to investigate the possibility that the f1503s may have defects as well. At least make the call, eventually we may get some restitution for this. Cnet.com forumn has many threads on this subject including some that actually tell you how to fix this issue with pics. Good luck and if we bombard HP with calls to the quality control dept maybe they will be professional enough to at least investigate this as there is no way this many people could be experiening the same EXACT symptoms without it being their problem and not ours. hope this helps you and if anyone has any contacts with HP log them here so we can reference them when we call just to justify that we are not alone in this.

I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau and am working on one with the California State attorney general, you should also file a complaint through the better business bureau and state as this will provide a papertrail that HP cannot shove under the table. These complaints all go directly to the upper management case managers. They will probably try to offer you $200 - $250 towards another purchasebut i declined it and told them i would continue pursuing my request for them to initiate an investigation. I am also trying to find a lawyer to look into a class action. I will try to keep you posted on my luck with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.