Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm really hoping you can help me here, but unfortunately... i have no computer-tech knowledge, and as such.. am completely reliant on you.

About 6 months ago, we had a severe thunderstorm here which came directly overhead. Ever since that night.... when i turn on my computer, the monitor remains BLANK. The [monitor] LED light comes on 'green' for a few seconds, but after a moment, turns 'orange'. I know orange means it's not turning on properly!

I have tried replacing the monitor with another (hoping that it was a simple problem to fix)... but that monitor didn't either. For some reason, the power isn't getting from the 'computer harddrive/motherboard' (or what you call it) to the monitor.

There is no visual whatsoever on the monitor.

:4-dontkno please.. i have no idea what to do to fix the problem.

Any ideas or questions?

It's a packardbell computer and monitor.. but i don't suppose that helps much.
I don't really know much else about it, and since i cannot load it up at all, i won't be able to tell you its spec.

Please help.
thanx.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Before we continue, as you say yourself as "inexperienced" if theres anything i say that you dont understand just ask. :)

The problem is with your graphics card i think. You may need to reset the CMOS settings of the card, and perhaps the motherboard.

Can you try one of the monitors on a different computer? A friends/neighbours?

Then we can eliminate the possibility of BOTH monitors not working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

thanx for your quick reply.
I will try the monitor on my parents computer.. but just wondering before I do; the monitor is some years old and my parents computer is new. Is that likely to be a problem?

As for the graphics card, I have no idea what graphics card I have on the computer... hope that won't be a problem! :sigh:

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Welcome to TSF, dj_dan

the age difference between the new computer and old monitor shouldn't make any difference just to see if the monitor is still ok. If nothing was actually struck buy lightning and the storm is the cause, virtually anything or everything could have been wiped out by static electricity

·
Registered
273 Posts
Post back whether the monitor works on another computer or not. We can move on from there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, the monitor works perfectly on my Dad's computer. I say unfortunately... because it would have been an easy problem to fix!!

But no, it's not the monitor.

Where do I go from here?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.