Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Samsung 2243 SWX monitor which has been working fine with this windows 7 computer for the last 6 months. All of a sudden, the monitor drivers would not be installed anymore, showing in screen resolution: "Generic Non-PnP Display", with a low resolution which does not fit the screen properly.

I have tried re-installing the monitor drivers, which worked for 2 days, but today, after turning the computer on, the drivers were not there and the display once again was a low resolution and "generic non-pnp display".
I have uninstalled all samsung monitor drivers from device manager and re-installed them. It seems to be working fine for now, but i have a feeling that the drivers will be unistalled once again.
the video card being used here is ATI Radeo HD 4200.

does anyone know what could be causing this?

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
Test the monitor on another PC. You can also try a different cable.

My first thought is the monitor is failing and not identifying itself properly to Windows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am unable to test on another computer as this is the only computer I have.

This monitor has been used for approximately 1 year now, 6 months on an old computer on which it worked fine, and now 6 months on this new computer on which it has been working fine until the last week.

I reinstalled the drivers 2 days ago and yesterday again, when the computer booted up, the drivers were not there.

I'm not sure what's causing the drivers to uninstall by themselves when the monitor was working perfectly for 6 months with this computer.

Is there a way to figure out and fix this?

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
Not without testing. Testing the monitor on another computer would determine if you have a PC or monitor issue.

I've not seen drivers "uninstall" themselves unless the wrong drivers are installed.

At this point, it could be a hardware (monitor or video card) or a software (drivers or Windows resgisty) issue.

And it doesn't matter if it has worked for 1 day or 10 years. Hardware can fail at any time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.