Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
wow.....talk about not enough information.....

if you have a bad monitor try it on another system...if it works dig further....if it dont get rid of it ...monitors are not a service item

·
Registered
852 Posts
He PM'd me with the same message. I told him I would fly right down and check it out. Just kidding.

marteach! Welcome to the forum, and write frequently. Post all your questions please on the board- you will get more collective attention that way.

The PM section is more for a "Hi how ya doin" thing instead of a "can you help me" thing.

:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry this was my first time here! I have a packard bell computer with win 95 /155 mgz and it was was running when I tried to install aol 7.0 it just went blank and it died the cpu runs but the monitor is blank.

·
Watching from the shadows
1,143 Posts
How old is the monitor. If you got it with the computer is possible that it actually did die. Did it make any noises like "snap, krackle, pop". If it did more than likely you will ned to replace it. A new 15" monitor is roughly about 100 bucks but for the best pricing on the net go to www.pricewatch.com

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
is there any light on the monitor...power light ...green or amber....try a diffrent plug and try the monitor alone...you should get a amber light if the monitor is working...it will go green if it get a signal for the system

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.