Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is there story. I just made my brand new computer. Just got it in mail yesterday. It has the following.
Processor-----(939-pin) AMD ATHLON64 3000+ CPU w/ HyperTransport
Technology
Video Card----NVIDIA Geforce 6600 GT 128MB 16X PCI EXPRESS
MotherBoard----(Sckt939)GigaByte GA-K8N-SLI nForce4 SLI Chipset DDR400
SATA Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
RAM----------1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR Corsair
Monitor----X2Gen or 2Xgen one of those. It upstairs. Ok Everything is BRAND NEW. Like 2 weeks at most but never used till last night. Ok i installed XP Pro w/SP2 on it and it ran it fine and everything cool. So while i was updating my drivers everything is going cool then finally i got to my video driver(last one to update) and everything went crazy. Like it asked me to restarted computer after that driver was over then the computer restarted and nothing came up?! Weird. But the sound works and i hear the computer loads up find and dandy. Loads to the XP welcome screen. So on... i cant even get into my BIOS or i might but i just cant see anything. When i try a different monitor with the computer it works fine. I tried The new monitor with different computer the monitor works fine. So i tried to just reformat the computer with the working monitor and now it doesnt reconize any harddrive space and i get the blue screen of death error. Someone please help me.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
tap f8 when you are booting and try safe mode and check that your refresh rate is not set to high,set it at 60

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Also if you are believe it is booting up, after it has, try right click and see if the properties comes up. If it does change your resolution to 1280 X 1024
Most LCD monitor have a native resolution and some will eather not display anything or will display giberish, beyond that resolution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well ill try that but just so you know i press DEL, F10 and F8 to try to get into anything while it boots. Nothing is displayed. And i know it boots because i hear the Welcome menu music.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well i figured out my monitor problem NOW i have new problem. I want to reformat my HD but my dam BIOS doesnt see the HARD DRIVE AT ALL. At the choose a partition screen there isnt anthing to pick!!!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Military69 said:
ok well i figured out my monitor problem NOW i have new problem. I want to reformat my HD but my dam BIOS doesnt see the HARD DRIVE AT ALL. At the choose a partition screen there isnt anthing to pick!!!
Military69, Well, are you going to tell us what you found?
Others could have the same prob!! :deveous:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.