Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to erase my hard drive and have restored my ME but do not have the monitor depth to support my scanner and only have 16 colors, can't adjust from control panal

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF

You need to install your video drivers.
Do you know if you have onboard video or is it an adapter card?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
monitor depth

thank you for your reply..I do not know of any adaptor card, so it must be on board video

·
15,478 Posts
What is the make/model of your computer? I will try to help you find your drivers if you need help :sayyes:

You may like to use Belarc Advisor, it builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.

·
15,478 Posts
Still alittle more info please :sayyes:

Compaq Presario "what"? There has to be some type of model number. Lets forget all about the monitor right now and focus on the video drivers :grin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
monitor depth

hey TJ
the monitor is a compaq and the number on the front of the monitor is CV735
please help me, if you can, how will I go about down loading the montior drivers??

thank you for your patience
peggyc

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Right click on your desktop to bring up properties, Click on the settings tab.
In the next box in the lower left side ther is a box that has colors with a window that has a down arrow, click the down arrow if it gives you more options (32bit High Color) click on it and hit apply.
If you have already done this or the high color is not there then click on the advanced button, on the next box select the adapter tab,then click the properties tab, next box click on the drivers tab, then select the update drivers, with you original compaq cd in the drive, check search cd, this should tell you drivers found for hardware. Hit the OK to install drivers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
monitor depth, colors

thank you, I tried both of your suggestions, but no change in color...my computer did download drivers, but no change
peggyc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.