Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hewlett Packard P1110 21-inch monitor, which I bought about a year and a half ago. I keep it at 1280x1024 at 100hz refresh, occasionally using 1024x768 for games. It's been good to me so far, with the exception of an extremely faint Windows logo in the center of the screen (which leads me to believe it was a display model before I ordered it).

As of a few months ago, my monitor has been changing its width, seemingly at random, to various different sizes. It will be at it's normal size, and suddenly the width snaps to a smaller size, leaving empty space on either side of the viewspace. By playing with the monitor's width settings, it looks normal again. Then, anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours later, it'll snap back again -- the edges stretching outside of the screen, so that I have to play with the width setting again. More recently it's started changing the screen centering and the pincusion settings as well, doing the same as the width.

One thing I've noticed is that it only seems to do so while viewing Windows. If I load a game -- anything from a modern high-graphics game like Dawn of War to something as old and outdated as StarCraft -- it appears at its normal size, and never switches.

The problem seems to be specifically with the monitor. I've plugged it into my laptop and it still resizes itself.

Anyway, if anyone has any possible solutions, I'd love to hear 'em. It was an expensive monitor, and money's tight enough already without needing to buy a replacement so soon after buying it.

Thanks for any help... and thanks for reading my long-winded post.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm fairly certain that it's not a warm-up thing as it does it after a few hours of being powered on as much as it does right at first. I wish that were it, though. Then I'd just leave it on constantly. :wink: It's not under warranty anymore either... in fact, I don't even remember where I bought it from.

I guess my best solution at this point is to just buy a new one, eh? I would imagine that, even if I did spend the money to get it professionally repaired, the color or something else might go bad soon too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.