Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure on the type of moniter, but if someone can tell me where I can find where it came from I'd apreciate it and go bother the company.

See I am a student at my high school that knows alot about our auditorium, and we have a computer set up in there that has a moniter and no sound coming out of it. What I think the problem is, is that I do not have an administerative account and can't use the hardware wizard to download the speakers. Please either confirm my guess, or point me towards the company that makes moniters from hell!

-Derek

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you can't find it elsewhere,[eg Device Manager or System Information]you could try this free program, it gives you loads of info about your computer. Everest Home Edition.

Usually there is a setting on the monitor for sound, on/off/volume.
Also make sure the sound is not muted.[via-start/control panel/sounds & audio devices - volume tab]
You could check the speaker settings while you are there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try the everest home thing, but when I goto the sounds and audio part of the control panel it says that there is no audio device detected. So I'm guessing I'm going to need to use the Hardware Wizard, but only users with administerative powers can get to it. Just asking if there is a way around it...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Look in device manager [if you are able] and see if there are any yellow [or red] marks alongside the sound video etc.
Without administrative rights I'm not sure what you will be able to do....depending on the restrictions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Allright I got the ahold of my schools tech guy and he set me up with an administative account and made me look stupid of course! One problem was that the motherboard needed to have an audio driver installed, and second the moniter needed a speaker cord from the moniter to the computer! Duh I feel stupid :p

Derek

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.