Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably sound weird, but I've never had cable TV, and my apartment never has either (I've lived here >37 years - no one had cable TV in the city back then).

My internet service has been so slow and Centurylink won't fix it. It's much slower than 1/2 what is paid for (sometimes too slow to connect) and this is the second time it's gone on for months this year. They won't send anyone out again as said they sent someone out and couldn't find the problem (not modem - been switched out multiple times - my wiring has been checked multiple times).

I'm eligible for low income internet with Comcast and it's faster. But my computer doesn't have wifi and really can't change where it is as it's so big. Will the cable people be able to set up my modem where my computer is now?

If not, is there a way to still change to the cheaper and faster internet and keep my computer setup?

Thank you.

·
Windows Tech Team, Networking Team |Tech
2,256 Posts
Yes, the cable company will setup your modem anyplace you want. If the Apartment has never had cable, Comcast will be running coax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.