Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently reinstalled windows 98 on my computer and it no longer seems to know that the modem even exists. I have a MDP3800 - W(U) from Aztech systems and the cd that came with the system to reinstall it refuses to run on anything but windows NT 4.0 which I don't have because I'm not a business.
When I run the modem test it tells me that there is something wrong with the registry, modem, port and dialtone. Only the hardware receives a pass. So I know the modem is still physically there but thats about it. Can anyone give me any advice as to where I go from here? Whats the next step? Thanks for your help.
Heather

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

If it were mine, here is what I would do:

Go here and download the latest and best drivers:

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=77816

When that is done, then do this:

Go into Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager and when there delete all items under the modem area.

Then shut down and take out the modem and move it to PCI #3 or the third slot down from the AGP slot. (might help with a port sharing problem)

Then, go into the BIOS setup menu and make sure your Plug & Play (PnP) area is set to Enabled with Win98.

Don't forget to save before you exit.

Boot back up, let it find the modem......

Go back to the device manager as explained above and load your new drivers (update drivers)......and, hopefully, away it will go.

What can you lose by trying???????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.