Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k so first off, if this should have gone under the networking forum, i apoligize, it could go either way. k with that out of the way, my modem (3-4 years old i might add) restarts about every 15 minutes when i play splinter cell: chaos theory on xbox live, it gets really annoying and i know it has nothing to do with my connection speed because i have a 30-40 ping. So i was just wondering if my modem isnt capable at runnig at the speeds necessary to play the game and i need to get a new one or if something was wrong with my xbox and/or my game. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys

·
Superhuman Computer
1,632 Posts
First thought is overheating. Does it feel hot to the touch after restarting? Try running it with a desk fan pointing at it on high and see if that helps some. Also, if it's that old it may well need a good clean out inside with canned air - the dust buildup over time is huge on electrical equipment like this. The dust can also cause problems with overheating, as the it gets in the way of heat sinks, fans, etc. Give it a good blast (after turning your face away, as there's likely a LOT of dust in there and we don't want you choking on it :grin: ) and see how it runs.

Are you getting this problem with anything else, such as different xbox games on the live service, or perhaps online games on a PC, or is it just with this one game?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it does it the second most amount on the battlefield 2 modern combat demo and occasionally on halo 2, and so i just point the fan at the modem and turn it on right? thanks man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.