Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just tried to update my audio drivers for my motherboard ( ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe ) after a suggestion from a techy I know. I have had some mic problems recently and that was his lasrt suggestion so I gave it a go...

And get the error "Does not support operating system : WNT_5.1P" when trying to run it.

I got the drivers direct from Asus, and checked and double checked the operating system and sockets were correctly selected so Im not sure what the problem is. I never had any issues with audio on my PC before my mic broke (see the thread here http://www.techsupportforum.com/hardware-support/other-f25/realtek-onboard-creative-headset-problem-378205.html )

I have absoloutely no idea whats going on with my PC, it was onloy put together just over a month ago, and everything has worked fine until this point.
All I know is that half an hour ago ...the only thing not working was my mic...and now I have no sound whatsoever!

Any help is appreciated :)

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
I assume you tried a known working mic?
Uninstall the audio drivers reboot and reinstall the drivers from the Mobo CD.
Looking around the internet your problem seems to be pretty common with Vista 64Bit. Seems to be a Codec issue.
You could also try getting the drivers from Realtek.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for your reply.

I tried it and it seemed to fix it. I still cant get the mic to work but I have just acquired a recycled sound card and headset from my friend!

Should all be working again tomorrow :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.