Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a long-standing graphics card problem. On booting on the primary video output (with a DVI cable) to my Tandberg Ergoscan LCD Monitor, I get a blank screen. On booting on the primary video output (with a convertor+VGA cable) to a CRT monitor, it works fine.

On booting with the CRT on the primary video output, and the LCD monitor on the secondary video output, I get a blank screen on the LCD and lines across the CRT monitor.

I know the TFT monitor and DVI cable both work. On booting on the primary video output (with a convertor+VGA cable) to a CRT monitor, then plugging in the LCD monitor to the secondary output when the Windows XP logo appears, I can use both monitors. This defaults to the LCD monitor cloning the CRT monitor, as set up by me in the graphics card software in Windows.

It's recently been suggested to that I flash the bios on my MSI KT4V-L (Socket A) mainboard to upgrade my AMI Bios from 1.8 to 1.9. However there's nothing in the fixes the upgraded BIOS provides that would suggest it will solve my problem. I also considered upgrading the video card BIOS but manufacturers are even less keen for users to do this. It's also been suggested that I disable the onboard video on the mainboard. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found the AGP VGA card was using IRQ 11 and the mobo ethernet/LAN and USB was also using IRQ 11. Disabled both mobo features but the problem remains. Do I need to do something about DMA or I/O conflicts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.