Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
The only sure fire way that I know of is this...

Hook up the following items only.

Hook up the wire that comes from the power button on the front of the case to the correct header.

Hook up the the power supply to the motherboard.

Insert one stick of ram.

Insert the video card all the way.

Hook up the monitor.

Hook up power to computer.

Turn on the monitor.

Turn on computer.

You should have video on the monitor.

On the first screen you will see upon bootup there will be a string of numbers on the bottom left of the page.

Something like

2A59L-XXXX-XXX
Or
51-1506-XXXX-XXXX
Or
12/09/1999 i440LX

Write down these numbers exactly as you see them and post them here...Or go to
this site and match the number according to the type of bios the board has...:D

·
Registered
852 Posts
Your'e not asking much, are you? If you have a digital camera, take 3 pictures each. One of the front, one of the back, and a close up of the processor socket/ slot. E-mail them to me and I can get you there, dude (if the pic's are clear) I still can not garuntee the things are going to be functional, I can only tell you what to plug in to them. :cool:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Speedo, you type too fast!!!!! you walked all over me.

He just said he has mobo's. Didn't say anything about ANYTHING else.

S

·
0 Posts
Well what do ya think he is going to do with the motherboards???

Rub them together and hope that they will mate...;)

You forgot about the identify part.

Well if you can identify motherboards by looking at pictures of them I can send you thousands of people to keep you busy, For you are truly a talented person... :D

I was propably jumping the gun but how better to test and identify them at the same time?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Mr speedo, sir..:argue: I was going to do for him simply what I do for myself. Tell him what processor will fit in his socket, what memory fits in his slots, and what kind of power supply he will need to juice it up. You can usually see little clues like-A-OPEN, ABIT, ASUS, BIOSTAR, INTEL, MATSONIC, YIDDA BLAH with numbers following that on this wonderful internet you can USUALLY download a full manual with pin configs and everything.
I'm not claiming to be a genious but I have proven resourceful.
Use me, don't abuse me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.