Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased components for a new system. I tried to set it up yesterday but it didn't work. I believe the PC Chips M790MR mobo is doa.

This is a dual P III board. I attached 2 P III 667's, put it in a new case with a Premier 300W psu. It would not fire up. I switched it with another system. The other system worked in both cases, the new system didn't work in either.

I tried several sticks of ram, and I even put the chip and fan into a different mobo. The chip and fan worked in the third board.

I have requested an RMA, but before I return the board I wanted to see if there is anything I overlooked.

Is there anything else that I should try to get this board to work, or to verify the board is the problem?

Thanks,

Sherm

·
Registered
852 Posts
What mobo is it? some of the duals use "memory interleaving" meaning you would have to have 2 sticks of ram matched in 2 particular slots to work. Give us some more clues, please! The answers are here.............................

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it running. The CMMOS jumper was in the clear position. Changing this fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yeah, I guess that would do it. Good catch. And it would have been a better catch if I had read s l o w l y and noticed your mobo type listed in the first paragraph.

I'll add your experience to my list of "things that could happen"
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.