the new board is Biostar P4M80M4 478 socket

everything worked fine until i came to this

I hope someone can see what i'm trying to do

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I talked to support for my new board and he said i would have to rewire to fit their board. so i need to know what the wires do. I have three sets of wires...intertwined together by two is a red and black, a blue and black and a yellow and black and they all go into one block. now this worked perfect on the old bord but as you can see by the attachments i will have to seperate them into i think twos. any help will recieve many thanks

·
Premium Member
77,999 Posts
yes you will have to line up the connections to go to the right pins on the new m/b
also check the wires to the pins on the main power connector to the m/b are ok

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay i have located some dual pin blocks so i can seperate the 3 sets of wires.
Can someone tell me how to plug them into this socket. The red and black go to the off/on switch. The blue/black go to the hard drive work light and the yellow/black go to the on light.

http://www.brilene.com/page5.html

Thank you very much for your support:wave:

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
G'Day Morgan1339,

Usually the Black wires are always negative....so with this in mind, I have done a screenshot image with indicators where each colour/black wire ought to connect.....now the tricky bit is one set of these may be for the Reset Switch; as you have not indicated that you have another 'twin -pair' comprising of Black and ? to connect to it.
So it might be a process of elimination between the Yellow/Black and the Blue/Black....really there should be a black/green or black/brown to fit the Reset Switch. :4-dontkno

Text Line Electronics Parallel Technology

Try it and post back with the results.

:4-cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.