Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been trying to convince my brother to register a free gaming trial for the MMORPG game called Eve. Once I convinced him, we went to the game trial sight on his Mac and discovered that it needs an email address to give you the free game trial. But he doesn't have one on his Mac and doesn't seem to keen about getting one. So we thought that maybe we could use the email address of our mother's computer (the Windows XP that I type on this instance) to get the free trial.

The problem is that we do not know if by using the WinXP's email address, if the game trial we want will go to our Mac or our WinXP. :4-dontkno: Also, we don't want the game trial to end up on the WinXP because it is sensitive to video games.

Can anyone help me out here? :confused:

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Hi, welcome to TSF

You can use any valid email address on any computer to register the game. They will probably send you a welcome message or a logon password which you can read on the XP computer and then play the game on the Mac.

Or you could create a new email account on the Mac, either using your ISP or a free webmail account like GMail or Yahoo, and use it just for Eve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.