Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I really need your guys help again. I don't know what the heck happened to my computer. I have spyware blaster, adaware, spybot, microsoft anti virus, norton 2005 and I always keep my software updated and I always scan. Today I was using my computer and I left it on and went out and came back about an hour and a half later and to see a norton message window saying that a virus is found, mlljk.dll (c:\WINDOWS\system32\mlljk.dll) and I click okay and the window pops up a second later and so on. I can't even use the computer, I window pops up every second and my computer is very very slow. I tried deleting the file, but it says cannot delete because file is being used. And in the processes menu (ctrl+alt+delete) there is a process CCAP that I am positive has to do with the virus. I try to end it, but windows doesnt let me. I tried doing a system restore, but I can only open the program and thats as far as it goes. I tried deleting the file in safe mode with command prompt still was unsuccessful. I really need your guys help, because I have some papers typed on my computer that I really really need. I am using my friend's compuer right now to communicate with the forum. I thank you all and hope to hear a response soon.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
There are various ways to get rid of files like that, my choice is to reboot into safe mode, and open a command prompt and type "del c:\windows\system32\mlljk.dll" (without quotes of course)

There are also various programs that would remove the file - killbox is the only one that comes to mind right now.

You could also download HijackThis run a scan and post a log in our Security Forum. They will give you detailed instructions on removal of this, as well as any other viruses that may be in the background of your computer without your knowledge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.