Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Team Manager, Gaming
7,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a while back in 2019 I built a PC with a Ryzen CPU (Ryzen 7 3700x), with 16 GB DDR4 (2x 8 GB) Corsair DDR4 3000 Mhz CL16 memory.
Now back then everything was fine in my country.
Today it is absolutely not, our currency lost more than 90% of its value, so getting even the cheapest parts these days like RAM is absolutely hard for me (my wager is now worth about $90, it was $1400).
Anyway, I got another RAM kit that was on a great deal HiKvision DDR4 3000 Mhz CL16 as well.
This is why I got them because I thought they had the same timings.
Now I know AMD CPUs really love fast memory and hates mixing memory, but as I said I did not have a choice.
now I have 2x 8 GB Corsair with 2x 8 GB HiKVision for a total of 32 GB RAM.
Here are the timings for Corsair:
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

and here are the timings for HiKVision:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

I did not enable XMP, instead, I manually set the RAM frequency to 3000, and the FLCK to 1500, for the timings I set them for all as follows:
CAS: 16
RAS TO CAS: 20
RAS Precharge: 20
tRAS: 38
tRC: 64
now the main work on my PC is Adobe InDesign, Music Production (Ableton Live), and gaming.
While gaming, I don't get any BSOD, even after a long session, now the BSOD can happen if the PC is idle, or maybe watching Netflix, or while working in Ableton Live.
Also just to mention even before getting the new RAM sticks, I still got BSOD from time to time, and lots of them were the same error (IRQL not less or equal and memory management)

are my timings correct? Should I adjust anything?

Here are my full specs:
board: MSI X570 a-pro
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
RTX 2070 Super
PSU: Seasonic Gold 550 W

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
30,451 Posts
Although your currency was devalued, RAM prices are currently artificially inflated due to a supply shortage. If you can, wait it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts