Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I now have a problem that is weird to say the least, after trying to run a downloaded file, which said it couldn't run properly (name of program not needed as it wasn't genuine obviously) . The only thing to have occurred, apart from missing volume and spybot icons in the system tray, is that: my wan-miniport icon was missing for my router modem, configured in bridge mode, in network connections.
Ran full anti-virus scan, as well as spybot and ad-aware, found some stuff, but nothing that seemed to be major. Anyway, the missing wan-miniport icon is not such a bad thing as can easily recreate a new connection. But this is the weird thing. When I try to do this I select -> connect to the internet ->setup manually -> but then only option on next screen is connect to a broadband modem that is always on. Connect to a dialup modem option cannot be selected (who gives a ... about that), but connect to a broadband modem that requires a user/pass cannot be selected either.
I don't want to have to reinstall/repair windows if can be avoided, and I might be able to use third party enternet dialing software, but I'd rather get to the bottom of the missing winXP one if possible. Any solutions or options just to get that particular problem fixed would be hugely appreciated.Thanks for the time.
Have SP2 and no known hardware problems, fairly new install of WinXp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.