Tech Support banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Office 2016. I did a scan of both Program Files and (x86) to no avail. In fact, it looks like there are a lot of files missing (see attached). Is it possible to download the file? There are Outlook repair programs but they all seem to cost money

Attachments

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,732 Posts
To find the "ScanPST" file:
This Pc, C Drive, Program Files (86) or Program Files (depending if 64 bit or 32 bit),Microsoft Office, Root, Office 16

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,463 Posts

·
8,463 Posts

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,297 Posts
The MS built in Repair option is free.

Reactions: xrobwx71

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Microsoft Office was installed as a download. There is not installation media

·
8,463 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Every copy of Microsoft Office Outlook includes the SCANPST.EXE program. It's part of the package ... like a windshield in an automobile.
It looks to me that somehow, in the last several months, since the last time I used the program, a whole bunch of files, including SCAPST, have disappeared from my Microsoft Office(x86) folder (64 bit) (See attached) I remember the file being embedded in a long list in the Office16 folder. It appears that most of them have gone. . You can look at your corresponding folder. Printscreen.jpg

·
29,297 Posts
Do the repair as we recommended or redownload the program.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Do the repair as we recommended or redownload the program.
Except that method requires the program!! Downloading and reinstalling Office requires removing the existing installation. I know because I've done it once before. Then I had to spend several hours reconfiguring Outlook and all my settings in the other programs. It might be easier to find a third-party equivalent, even if I have to pay for it. Time is money.

·
29,297 Posts
Run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth then run sfc /scannow

·
8,463 Posts
Except that method requires the program!! Downloading and reinstalling Office requires removing the existing installation. I know because I've done it once before. Then I had to spend several hours reconfiguring Outlook and all my settings in the other programs. It might be easier to find a third-party equivalent, even if I have to pay for it. Time is money.
Did yiou try the Microsoft Office Repair?
  1. Tap [Winkey], type in appwiz.cpl and press [Enter]

2. Scroll down to Microsoft Office (+whatever version you have here), right-click it and select Change

3. If Windows UAC (User Account Control) pops up asking for permission here, select Yes

4. Then on the Microsoft Office window that pops up, select Repair and click the Continue button.

5. Follow the on-screen Microsoft Office prompts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts