Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on installing Windows NT 4.0 on an Acer Aspire computer. The computer was built around 1996. It has some interesting features, including a daughterboard. I had been having problems with trying to install NT with the daughterboard in place, so I removed it which seemed to solve the problem of installation. Since it came with a 4 gig hd I was attempting to install it on that, but NT doesn't support large HD's so I ended up putting a 325mb on in just to make it happy. After successfully running the entire first half of setup on the new HD it asks me to restart the computer, after which it reports Missing Operating System. My guess is that it is a problem in the Boot Records somewhere, but I can't seem to solve the problem. I thought if I flashed the BIOS to clear the boot records that would do it, however this motherboard doesn't seem to have a jumper on it to allow me to flash the bios. It's the strangest mobo/bios I've ever seen. It's not Award or AMI it's a generic and I can't seem to find what the problem is. If anyone has experienced a similar problem and can offer some wisdom I'd much appreciate it. Thank you very much.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.