Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

I have a user that every time their computer is shut down they loose updated information. Meaning that at the next login, documents revert back to a previous edition. They mentioned having worked on Word/Excel documents and the next time they login in the entries were missing.

The same type of issue occurs with their desktop icons. Shortcuts will just disappear.

I checked for viruses and malware - the unit came up clean. Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this problem?

·
TSF Emeritus
16,395 Posts
where are they saving their files to? Locally or to the network?
any software on that pc like microsoft's steady state?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses.

The data is being saved locally and I have no default profile setup on this machine that would erase data. Microsoft's steady state I believe is not compatible with my OS (Windows 7)? However, I suspect some type of similar program that wants to revert the computer to a previous state.

This machine was just recently purchased at our local Best Buy when the previous unit died andwe needed an immediately replacement. I will have to take a more thorough look at what could be causing this issue.

[email protected] - Thanks for the offer. I'll have to keep you in mind if I find no resolution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.