Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a HP pavilion 8560c with WIN98. Recently I have discovered that some web pages I open are missing the link icon buttons. Instead if icons, I now see a small square(s) that contain a red square,green circle, and blue triangle. I know they were link icons because I was able to use them before.

After investigation, I now know that I am unable to view Applet type stuff on web pages. This included chat room boxes, Icons made from an applet source, graphics such as lake.class applets, ect.

Any solutions? Could I have clicked on something I shouldn't have or somehow disabled my computer from recognizing them?

Thanks for any help. :winkgrin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have checked, I do have Javascript Enabled in my Internet Explorer Settings.

Da Tru Masta, What do you mean ... "You probably don't have the plugin to view all the items you presently can't view!" Perhaps I dont. Can I down load something?

Thanks for the suggestions ... keep em coming :winkgrin:

K

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
You need to download the Microsoft Virtual Machine (Java) Or Sun's Java to get the java applets to display proper. Try using Windows update to get it. I think microsoft removed it from their website to download. However, Speedo had the most recent version.. I'll see if he can direct you to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IT WORKED!! Thank you so much to everyone that assisted me in this matter. :D

Happy Computing
Krissy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.