Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 500-151 laptop with a ReallTek High Definition onboard sound card. I had been using the 3.5mm speaker/microphone jack to connect to my desktop Bose speakers but the connection broke about a year ago and since then I've been using a Bluetooth audio interface to power the speakers. When I check the Sounds page (right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar) both the Bluetooth and the Realtek show up with the Bluetooth set as default.

I have audio editing software which only works when the internal speakers are activated.

Recently, I accidentally disabled the Realtek icon, and it disappeared. Following some online suggestions, I opened Device Manager, selected " Show hidden devices" opened Sound and double-clicked on the RealTek item. It no longer showed as grey. I checked the device tabs, checked for updates and everything was fine. I rebooted the computer, but the icon did not show up. One suggestion is to delete the driver and reboot but I'd only to it if you people think it would help. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 500-151 laptop with a ReallTek High Definition onboard sound card. I had been using the 3.5mm speaker/microphone jack to connect to my desktop Bose speakers but the connection broke about a year ago and since then I've been using a Bluetooth audio interface to power the speakers. When I check the Sounds page (right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar) both the Bluetooth and the Realtek show up with the Bluetooth set as default.

I have audio editing software which only works when the internal speakers are activated.

Recently, I accidentally disabled the Realtek icon, and it disappeared. Following some online suggestions, I opened Device Manager, selected " Show hidden devices" opened Sound and double-clicked on the RealTek item. It no longer showed as grey. I checked the device tabs, checked for updates and everything was fine. I rebooted the computer, but the icon did not show up. One suggestion is to delete the driver and reboot but I'd only to it if you people think it would help. Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions.
NEVER MIND. I went into System Sound Troubleshoot. The RealTek Speakers showed up as an option. The results were to turn off special sound effects which I had no idea were on. I accepted. The fix was done. Problem solved!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.