Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed over the past few years that my secound computer has been gradually losing HD space.

I have a 40 gb hd on my secound comp and when I click on the c: drive in "My Computer” it says 28.9 gb used, 9.05 gb free. What happened to 2 gb of space?

I know that the report will be off, but 2 gb and growing.

I've read hundreds of sites, threads and post. And found thousands more. They all document different symptoms.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to TSF Cogs....:D

Mine says Capacity 40,024,178,688 bytes 37.2GB

This is normal................:winkgrin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I came across this (inaccurate report due to rounding, I can't remember who did the rounding either manufacturer or MS) but 2 gb is allot. That is twice the capacity of my first comp. But that doesn't account for its gradual increase.

I was wondering if this has anything to do with the FAT file system and a large partition (40gb), or maybe its because of system restore.

I am losing 5 gb on my third computer. It says I have 70 gb HD space on my C drive, and 5 gb on D: making a total 75 gb HD out of what should be 80 GB. But i am no were near the limit.

How can I find out what is the problem?

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Well, I believe ME has system recovery, so some of it is hiding in there. If you've installed Norton Utilities, the Protected Recycle Bin probably has a bunch of files in it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.