Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I will make short version of the story. One of my drivers is gone crazy at first all the partitions were removed after i had restarted my Windows 2003 when i was trying to do a copy of other drive. So i used receovery tool and completed recovering the partition but still i am not able to go into the drive cause of the missing filesystem. Windows asks me all the time to format the drive but i cannot do that because of the files on that drive. I have tryed everything with no luck i cannot use any software to repair the filesystem cause it says that there is no filesystem and it just a raw system drive. Please help me! any suggestions?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

here are two progs for your dilemma:

Partition Doctor = Very reliable ~~ my first choice if my partition table or MBR were wrecked / not free - but a real valuable tool ~~ 5 stars
http://www.ptdd.com/

here is a free one / havent heard any raving reviews about it / although some of the fellas posting seemed to have wiggled their way out of trouble with it
2 - stars
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

i suggest you recover your drives contents to another drive / use a zero fill program to wipe the troubled drive clean and re-install windows unless you are able to succesfully use the windows xp OS repair ??????

My personal opinion (worth = 2 cents) is once a drive has had its partition contents compromised or boogered in any way / I no longer trust the OS install to be trouble & worry free / thats why I am a clone lover !! If the OS so much as burps / I swap to my clone drive ~~ wipe the drive that puked and re-clone from the living one. ??????

regards

joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx i will try those program, well my windows is not on that drive there are just lots of importat stuff on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it worked directly when i opened the program "partition Doctor" it fixed the mbr and fixed the boot sector! THX man! it only took me two days to recover that harddrive. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.