Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using Microsoft Entourage with OS X. I have my subfolders for my inbox to help keep stuff orgainized. Two of the folder have now duplicated themselves and all the emails inside are gone, but all the subfloders and everything are still in there. Does anybody have any idea what could cause this? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem and have posted it on a few forums with no response. My problem is that when I installed 10.4 (Tiger), I did a clean install after backing up my old Mac HD (by copying it on another HD). When I open up my old database, no matter what version of entourage, and in spite of both basic and advanced rebuilds, all the subfolders I created are still there, but all the e-mails inside them are gone. I suspect that there is some set of preferences that were on my old HD that are not on this new (i.e. reformatted) HD, and the lack of these preferences is not allowing me to see the e-mails in the subfolders. I don't know where these preferences may be so that I can copy them. It may be another reason for this problem. Naturally, I need these old e-mails back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a suggestion: have you tried removing your current Office Identities and replacing it with your old backed up version? All you do is remove the present Office Identies and replace it with the older version.

Go to your Home Folder:
~/documents/microsoft user data/office identities/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.