Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There appears to be no open thread on this issue...disappearing context menu "new/textdocument" option.

After trying several alternate text editor demos I found that my registry .txt entry was empty except for the (default) line item...I replaced the entry with an expanded entry found elsewhere on this forum which called for notepad.exe and included ItemName and NullFile etc.

After rebooting and checking my program associations to verify that my new editor, EditPlus, was the default, I found that the "new/text document" option appears and works in all the usual places including the desktop...

But there must be more to the story... Notepad still appears in the ItemName entry. Is this just a default reg entry, with the actual default program assignments appearing elsewhere?

BTW, as an old poster suggested elsewhere X-Setup has been de-commissioned but is still available on MajorGeeks. It has some editing capability but wouldn't add a new TXT item because "it already existed" (already registered).

W7 x64 SP1

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.