Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few minor problems, I am trying to optimize my system.
1) I recently replaced a fan and when I boot up I get a message "Warning previous fan failure. I know that, I just replaced my fan. Can I reset so this message stops appearing? (On my other computer, Win2K, I also get "Alert, case was previously opened," same question.)
2) Since my WinXP reinstall, when I boot up I am required to choose a user name. There is only one option displayed, me. Can I have it skip this step? It never did this before.
I also want to know how I can make another user that only loads bare essentials and is set up and optimized for a DAW?

·
Registered
50 Posts
2) Since my WinXP reinstall, when I boot up I am required to choose a user name. There is only one option displayed, me. Can I have it skip this step? It never did this before.
Start > Run > type control userpasswords2

Click OK

Uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer."

Click Apply

Then you will be presented a box where you type in the name of the account that you want to automatically log into, and then the password, if any.

Click OK

Click OK

Reboot.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Does "when I boot up" refer to your BIOS screen? There should be an option to shut off that warning in BIOS, but I wouldn't begin to know where exactly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.