Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A couple photographed last Thursday

Fast, sleek & part stealthy? No ID or markings whatsoever! SBS?

Full of stuff, going the other way...

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts
Beautifully detailed pics Donald, the clarity is excellent - I especially like the what appears to be a smiley face on the (I assume) radar-ball halfway up the aerial-mast thingy, on the 1st pic:grin:

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts
I don't know the name of this ship, it wasn't named anywhere that I could see. but it was moored on the Thames when I visited on Sunday....

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you confirm the ensign at the blunt end is a White Ensign?
... And what is the letter & number on the side at the pointy end :smile:

?5 Looks like 'L5' but that was a submarine & I don't think your vessel is a sub!

The insignia on the funnel is that of the Royal Marine Comandos. An Albatross above a Thompson .45 submachine gun, superimposed on an anchor.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts
The ship's number is 'L15' and it has a rather limp white ensign on it's 'blunt end' :grin:

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is Amphibious Assault Squadron badges worn by Royal Marines and Royal Navy attached ratings in 1 Assault group Royal Marines. It shows the same insignia.

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, don't argue with any of the matlots on shore leave. - If they plonk a glass upside-down in a pub, retire from the area immediately! :grin:

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts
Thanks guys, I just went over to rename the pics in 'Panoramio' (the Google-maps piccie thingy :grin) but the front and rear views had been rejected for some reason, though the side-on view was ok :4-dontkno

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, I just went over to rename the pics in 'Panoramio' (the Google-maps piccie thingy :grin) but the front and rear views had been rejected for some reason, though the side-on view was ok :4-dontkno
Panoramio: open the image and a single click on the title box does the trick fot me...

My Panoramio images 14,400 views in the last 30 days. :smile:

·
TSF - Emeritus
14,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats WB, some great pics...Loved the Whitby holiday.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts
Thanks Donald, that was soon after I got the Olympus Camedia, some time ago - It was it's 1st real outing and I went a bit mad with snapping everything/anything in sight :grin:

That's the only time I managed to fill the mem-card, although it was only a 512Mb XD-card, the camera wouldn't see anything bigger :sigh: Then again at only 3.2Mpxl, it still held just over 500 shots. The rest of the shots were family at Ma-in-Law's funeral, in Rotherham.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.