Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Secunia on my Acer Windows 8 laptop. According to latest scan today it's telling me I need an update for Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.x That I don't understand since I've updated the laptop every time updates have been offered unless Microsoft failed to send it. (However, I haven't undated to Windows 8.1 yet -- I always hang back on that kind of major update to see what happens with everybody else.) I might be savy about a heck of a lot of things to do with computers but I don't know anything about that particular program. I started to read some stuff on it on the net, however, there's so much disagreement on it I gave up trying to figure out what to do. I hope I can get some good advice on that issue here. HELP!:confused:

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Microsoft only publishes new updates for Windows on Tuesdays at 3am but unless if you don't install those updates those updates will be offered to you later if you choose to do so manually. Windows by default installs security important updates by automatically. To see if that update was installed go to the control panel select "Windows Update" then select "View Update History" Windows is great at managing updates on it's own you can also select not to automatically install Windows updates, and choose which ones to update and install. There is no need for 3rd party software to do this for you.

How To Change Windows Update Settings in Windows 8 & 8.1

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked the update history on my computer like you suggested. There's no update for Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.x
Is it important to have that update? I certainly would never use a 3rd party software to get an update for me. I just use Secunia to see what they come up with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.