Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mid-High end PC lagging?!

6K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  RockmasteR 
#1 ·
Ok, i built a pc back in october to satisfy my pc gaming wants on a budget, maybe not capable to handle the likes of skyrim or battlefield 3 but certainly most games released pre-2011.
I bought the parts and rigged it up, but despite having quite decent specifications nearly every game seems to lag the living hell out of it, for reasons unknown to me. :sad:

specs are;
asus m4a78lt-m-le mobo
amd phenom ii x6 1055t cpu
8gigs ddr3 ram
amd radeon hd 6570 1gb gpu

I have know idea whats wrong, the system passes the recommended settings on the games im trying to play (oblivion, dead space, AC 2, mass effect) butis as slow as a donkey when running them. Ive tried lowing graphics settings, closing programs but to no result. I was thinking the problem might be the motherboard but ive seen footage on youtube of people running AC Brotherhood with the same mobo.
Any Ideas? im fed up at this stage :ermm:

#6 ·
Can your tell me what games it is that you are trying to play? Mass Effect and Dead Space yes? I read a few reviews on that Graphics card, and although it may pass MINIMUM recommendations, it is by no means a gaming graphics card.

What resolution are you trying to play on?

#7 ·
playing medium settings at 1280x720
games tested were assasins creed 2, dead space, mass effect 2 elder scrolls IV
i did have my suspicions about the gpu, but ive seen it run crysis 2, deus ex HR and metro 2033 without lag, so i started focusing on other thing but couldnt find out what was going on, where i am now i think it might be the mobo, but ive also seen footage of that running ac brotherhood perfectly fine :/

#8 ·
I will bet you HAVEN'T seen it run Metro 2033. I have a GTX 560 and I can barely run Metro 2033 without lag. If you want to really run games, i would look into doing some upgrades. With the 8GB of ram and the 1055t, you could have a heck of a system with a PSU and GPU upgrade.

#11 ·
I see a couple issues, older games prefer core speed over more cores, even newer games will run smoother on a faster core speed quad then a slower core speed hex core, the 6570 is a great multi-media card but only entry level for serious gaming.
I'll second the G7 psu being low quality if memory serves they were actually 500w ShenZhen units with a peak rating of 680w.

#17 ·
amd radeon hd 6570 1gb gpu
sorry to break that to you but the AMD 6570 is not one of the recommended cards for games
make sure that you are running the latest drivers

also that video, I won't trust it that much
running Metro 2033 on high with 6570 and getting 40 to 50 fps is not even possible, on DX9 the game will struggle to hit the mid 30 fps on these settings
on DX11 it'll struggle to even run well

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.