Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first time posting. I have tried to install microsoft lifecam 2000 to my pc. I am running windows xp service pack 3. I have tried three times, but I cannot get my camera to show me when on skype. I can see and hear the others I am talking to, they can hear me but they can't see me. I have uninstalled and re installed three times, still won't work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hello and welcome to TSF

Does the main lifecam software detect the camera and show you a live feed?
If not.

Then the problem is related to a driver not installing properly on the computer. When you installed the device 2 drivers install. One for video and one for audio. The audio always installs fine but its the video driver is the one that gives many people like my self problems.

After trying numerous times and going over support with Microsoft, we figured that due to many other USB devices using the same ports, the computer cannot initiate contact with the camera. this is a known issue.

The trick microsoft suggests is to re-install the OS and install the device as the first USB device on the computer. You may then connect and install your keyboard drivers (if it is a wireless keyboard.) and other USB devices etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.