Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having one difficult time attempting to correct a runtime error that is connected to my yahoo messenger program. I searched and found where midnight tech was helped on here and it solved his problems. I followed the same directions and it did not work for me. I ran the Spy-bot and the Adware thingy and then attempted to download the Hijackthis program and it downloaded but would not run. Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something to help it run. I would appreciate any help someone could give me. I'm not real computer savy and know just enough to be dangerous. Well thank you in advance.

janicelynn

·
retired
1,966 Posts
hi janicelynn, welcome to tsf.

did you uninstall yahoo messenger, then reboot and reinstall?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Stu...... and yes I did, like 6 times and still nada. I have run a thorough disk scan and a disk defrag also. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stu...... downloading it now...... Keep your fingers crossed..... I've got my eyes crossed just for extra good measure. Hope this works.

·
Administrator, Automotive Team Manager
5,284 Posts
Welcome janicelyn! Try going to http://www.housecall.antivirus.com and do the online virus scan as well as the trojan scan. It took all 3 of those (AASE, Spybot, and Trend's Trojan scanner) as well as their antivirus AND AVG to find everything that was on that machine.

·
5,284 Posts
Sorry...that's Ad-Aware SE :grin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay Midnighttech....... I've run the housecall virus scan and trojan horse scan and its clean..... what next?

·
5,284 Posts
Try getting HiJack This again..if you do post a log over in the TSF Security Center....this may take a bit more muscle than the one I had did.

·
5,284 Posts
Were you able to download HJT again?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went to the site and downloaded it I think..... but when I go to the place and double click on it an message window pops up telling me that the Program.exe cannot be found...... I dont think I'm doing it right.... I'm so ready to just sit and cry.

·
retired
1,966 Posts
Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs

Then remove all toolbars (yahoo, google, etc...) and any applications that say search.

If Internet Explorer is also listed there, click it's remove button, a dialogue box will come up asking if you want to remove or repair-select repair and okay, this makes IE check/reinstall it's files.

This is a popular alternative messenger that works with yahoo, AIM, ICQ, MSN, all in one package. Trillian Messenger

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.