Tech Support banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I looked in control panel> programs and features> view installed updates, I see this update as being installed. I've searched everywhere on the web including the Microsoft site and can find nothing about it. The only results I get is "file not found". I was hoping to find a description about it because it was installed just about the time my autoplay stopped working.

Any help would be appreciated. Jim Birke

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick reply. I noticed this KB number appears to be 4584227 and not 229. Although, toward the bottom of the page, there is a lot of hash information (I don't know anything about that) that refers to 229.
On a side note, I have Windows 10 version 2004 build 1904.804. Is that the latest?

·
Premium Member
41,521 Posts

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,099 Posts
The link provided was correct. I know it's confusing, but anyway, get up to date as Spunk says.

Reactions: Jimbir

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran the upgrade using the link that Spunk provided I'm pretty sure ran because I saw a progress window after it started. I hit the minimize button on that window and it went away and I was never able to find it again. After an hour and a half I didn't see any process complete notification so I rebooted the computer.. I then ran Belarc advisor and it reported this system information, Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2004 (build 19041.804). Is that the latest version?

·
Premium Member
41,521 Posts
Windows Update pushed 21H1 to two of my computers Wednesday 02-17-2021 , which was accidentally released by Microsoft. I am not an Insider.

·
28,099 Posts
I ran the upgrade using the link that Spunk provided I'm pretty sure ran because I saw a progress window after it started. I hit the minimize button on that window and it went away and I was never able to find it again. After an hour and a half I didn't see any process complete notification so I rebooted the computer.. I then ran Belarc advisor and it reported this system information, Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2004 (build 19041.804). Is that the latest version?
In Windows Update, View Update History, see what failed to install and what the latest install was. Post back.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,584 Posts
Windows Update pushed 21H1 to two of my computers Wednesday 02-17-2021 , which was accidentally released by Microsoft. I am not an Insider.
Holy Crap! Well, it's either lucky you or Mmm not so lucky. Not sure how you would want to look at it....LOL

Is there some sort of MS release note for Opps'ing on releasing it to non-insiders? I haven't heard anything about that....that's not saying much. LOL!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In Windows Update, View Update History, see what failed to install and what the latest install was. Post back.
From update history...On February 17, 2021 update KB 4023057 was installed.

Yesterday the 19th the following was (according to Belarc advisor) installed. My computer spent approximately a total of 3 hours downloading and installing it. According to the information I see about it, it appears to be 20H2.

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2009 (build 19042.804)

Release Date: 2/9/2021
Version: 2004-OS Build 19041.804 and 20H2-OS Build 19042.804

·
28,099 Posts
Run Update again. There's another one available.

·
28,099 Posts
That was for Net Framework. I meant KB4023057.

·
28,099 Posts
So is all OK now or do you want to continue the thread for something?

Reactions: Jimbir

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I looked in control panel> programs and features> view installed updates, I see this update as being installed. I've searched everywhere on the web including the Microsoft site and can find nothing about it. The only results I get is "file not found". I was hoping to find a description about it because it was installed just about the time my autoplay stopped working.

Any help would be appreciated. Jim Birke
19042 is the latest update

1 - 20 of 24 Posts