Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question about a problem with an internet tv program. i signed up with an internet tv program called online tv and it works ok except when it is on for a while a thing pops up and says microsoft encountered a problem and has to shut it down. i have windowsxp and my pc brand is e machines. im new to computers and i would like to know what causes this problem and what i can do to correct it and if it is in anyway harmful to the computer. thanks, huey71

· Banned
330 Posts
If this is an adult site, it may be attempting to install malware on your computer while you are watching.

If not, post a link to the site as a Google search of "online TV" is ambiguous.

Are you watching through internet explorer ?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
microsoft problem

thanks for the advice. its not an adult site so i dont think any spyware or anything is coming in. the computer dosent shut down just the program if i send error report. if i dont send error report i clik the close X and and the program stays on and a couple minutes later error report comes up again. the program seems to work ok if i ignore the error report. i was just concerned about harming the computer, could this problem harm the computer in any way? the program is a popular one, they say 2 million people use it.

· Administrator, TSF Manager
30,641 Posts
Hi huey71 and welcome to TSF!!

I have merged your reply that was made by starting a new thread. Please use the reply box at the bottom of this page to keep all posts to a single thread in order to receive better assistance.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no microsoft dosent tell me anything. all it says information regarding the condition of on line tv when the problem occoured and the operating system and hard drive in use digital product id which could be used toidentify your licence and ip address of your computer. i dont know much about computers, much of it i dont understand. does this information help you to see what the problem is?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.