Tech Support banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it's an ancient oldie, but a goodie for one thing in particular, setting transparency with ease.

I was able to carry along Photo Editor for a very long time, I believe I even had it working under early versions of Windows 10, but I can't seem to make that happen anymore.

So I guess this is a two-part question:

1. Is there a way to get Photo Editor functioning under Windows 10 Version 1909 or later?

2. Is there another piece of software that allows you to do as Photo Editor did for setting transparency, that is, picking a spot in the image and using a color match anywhere between exact to +/- 10% difference and setting all pixels in that range to transparent?

I've been using GIMP, but there has to be an easier way.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, there are plenty of options, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a specific one that makes selection of "color fields" for making transparent as simple as it was in Photo Editor. I've tried a number of alternatives, but so far, nothing comes close for that specific task, which is what I mostly used Photo Editor to do for many years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really, really don't like the Windows 10 version! I was so used to working with Windows 8! It was much easier, and I wouldn't get annoyed at everything! Like, how the heck am I supposed to increase shadows or highlight colors now? It was also easy to remove the background, and now, I have to find another photo editor. Sight! Do you guys maybe know if I could get the old version? If not, could you possibly recommend a photo editor that is straightforward to use? I am mainly looking for a background remover online. Looking forward to hearing from you!

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,297 Posts
The really good ones aren't free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts