Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I have found a lot of valuable solutions here and thought I would post to see how it goes!

I am replacing an admin whose documentation habits were basically non-present. We have upgraded approx 25 PC's in our office (xp pro) from office 2000 to office 2007 standard using individual boxed upgrade versions (not fpp). I have the office 2000 disc and key. I was wondering how to determine how many copies we licensed for office 2000. I would imagine I can contact microsoft for this info but I can't find the original purchase agreement/license agreement number and everything I have read seems to indicate that M$ would need that, or to search by business name. The business name has changed several times over the years as well as the previous admin being prone to misspellings of it so my initial searches on M$'s eopen site have not yielded most of the keys (even the ones I for which I have the license agreements on my desk).

Long story short, How can I determine how many copies we are licensed to use if I just have our key and the media. Failing that, what can I do to get the necessary info to find out?

Thanks in advance,

·
Moderator , Microsoft Support, MS Office Pro
2,543 Posts
Hi tuoxam,

Unfortunately, the Microsoft Office 2000 Volume Licensing details are no longer available on the Microsoft web site.

Since you've got the keys, your local Microsoft Activation Center should be able to track down the relevant details. What matters is not so much how many licences were activated as how many you were entitled to activate. For contact details see:
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Determining how many copies we are licensed to use is definitely what I was hoping to do. Finding out how many licenses ARE activated is a job for MSIA and Sneakernet :)
Thanks alot macro!
I appreciate your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.