Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsoft Mouse/Vista/Intellipoint

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Monty Python 
#1 ·
Hi, I have Vista Home Pemium. I installed a Natural Wireless Laser 6000 mouse and Intellipoint 6.1. The mouse function is very erratic - it works well sometmes and other times you have to click a few times to get any response. Very frustrating.

Any solutions will be very welcome.

Pieter.

#2 ·
First, because it is easy, check Device Manager and see if there are any flagged devices. Make sure to check "show hidden devices". Report any flags here.

If no flags, then you need to find out if this is hardware or software. The mouse could be bad, or there could be a problem with the software. Uninstall the software. The mouse should function as a basic PS/2 mouse without the software. I have a Logitech G7 (high-end gaming mouse) and I didn't bother to install the Logitech software. Works just fine.

Try using the mouse (with no software installed) on another computer. If the problem moves with the mouse, it's hardware. If not, software.

#4 ·
I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 (March 2007)
Just installed Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000...several times in fact!
First time it worked. Then after rebooting, came up with a message with 3 choices:
- install driver (had already done that)
- don't ask again
- (I forget what this said)
So I said "don't ask again" and that's when the mouse went dead! Argh!
After uninstalling and installing from the disk TWICE, (pressing all the correct buttons on the transmitter and mouse and unconnecting the USB before this)
I finally downloaded the driver from online just in case it was the driver that came on the disc. It is Driver Version 6.20.173.0
Finally got it to work, but not on my mouse USB port which is the PS/2 Port that says
IRQ 0x0000000C (12)
I had to move the USB connector to another port.
I spent HOURS!!@! trying to install and uninstall this and am coming to the conclusion that VISTA is the problem. Am I right?
I went to all the help features and did all the right things.
Device Manager says this new mouse is there. Says it is working properly.
But then nothing happened until I moved it to another port.
I would like to plug the USB into the normal mouse port. But it probably won't work. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.