Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps it's just because MS made the router, but I can't seem to login to change any settings. I've restored the 'default factory settings' you read about, in every single page of the user's guide, tried the 'default factory password', which is admin. However, when I try to log in using this password, it still tells me that it's incorrect. Anyone had this problem, or found a solution? It's really starting to bug me.
-Note- Before this I had never logged in, or changed any of the settings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Ever since I got the router, I've had a bunch of problems. Also had a modem that burned out. I'm cursed...I really am.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Have you tried pressing the reset button on the back? If you ever get it to let you in, I would strongly recommend that you do a firmware update, which is what made mine work (before, it would let me use the base station management tool for only one time and then would not respond).

the only other thing I can think of...was your caps lock on by chance when you tried to put in the password? If the router successfully reset, it really should accept "admin" as the password.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried and successfully restarted the router a few times, still didn't work though.

I called tech support, but I have a short attention span and after 20 minutes of being on hold, hung up.

Maybe I just got the 'bad egg'. Oh well, it's not that important. I have another place to put my servers =)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Fixed it =) ... Sort of.

It seems a certain someone had been playing with the settings. I feel like such an idiot now...

Sorry for taking up space.

EDIT: Also, thanks Fox. I'll be sure to update

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow

yea...that same thing is happening to me...i cant figure it out though...i tried resetting the router still doesnt accept admin as the password. Ive never logged in before or messed with any of this stuff, but i cant get it to let me log in now. Any one have any suggestions as to anything i could do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
yea...that same thing is happening to me...i cant figure it out though...i tried resetting the router still doesnt accept admin as the password. Ive never logged in before or messed with any of this stuff, but i cant get it to let me log in now. Any one have any suggestions as to anything i could do?

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Appending to a two year old thread won't get you many responses. I suggest you start a new thread and state exactly what your problem is, the configuration you have, and the exact symptoms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.