Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to connect to any wifi. I opened my device manager and looked under network adapters ant there is a little triangle with a ! in it. What can I do to fix this???? I'm a college student who needs access to the internet badly!!

·
Registered
40,749 Posts
This is only for Ipv6 and does not stop your wireless adapter form working. On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager, and you also receive an error message
Do you have a wireless slider switch on the front lip of your laptop? Is it on? Do you have a wireless icon in your system tray by the clock? Can you double click this icon and Scan For Available Wireless Networks? Do you see your Wireless Network? Have you tried to Connect to the Network? Have you typed in your saved Pass Phrase to enter the network?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I've tried all of those things. Everything is on. The error message says "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #7 not working reading Code 31

On further inspection I found it was a Code 31. I have vista, can anyone help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #7 not working reading Code 31

It got me to the point of uninstallation but does not tell me how to reinstall it. So I've lost the program.

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,462 Posts
Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

right click your network card>properties
check the IPv6 box

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By Network connections do you mean View Network Computer and Devices? I right clicked on the Owner PC and went to properties and didn't find an IPv6 box.

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,462 Posts
Ok I will move you to networking for further help a networking guru may be able to advise better

·
Registered
20,462 Posts
Hi Mangrove,

Download the latest driver for your Wi-Fi Adapter to be found in the Manufacturer's site.

Disable your AV, Security or Firewall Software.

Restart your computer and tap F8. Select Safe Mode in Networking. In Device Manager, uninstall the problematic network adapter then manually install the latest driver.

Restart your computer and see if the code 31 error is gone, test your wireless connection.

Please give us an update.

===========
Thanks Joe for moving the Thread to Networking section.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.