Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- Computer security experts say the recent "SQL Slammer" worm, the worst in more than a year, is evidence that Microsoft's year-old security push is not working.

"Trustworthy Computing is failing," Russ Cooper of TruSecure Corp. said of the Microsoft initiative. "I gave it a 'D-minus' at the beginning of the year, and now I'd give it an 'F."'
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/02/01/microsoft.security.reut/index.html

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Gotta' love it, and these bozo's want to be in charge of all Internet Security, can you imagine that! :no: :no: :no:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's scary is that it's the ex-head-of-security of Microsoft which is advising the President on Cyber Security!!!! :eek:

·
STILL Stuck in a treestand....
929 Posts
That is scary. I'm taking a microsoft security class right now that's teaching us how to secure what they've screwed up! If people only knew how unsecure they were everone would quit using their products!

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Microsoft products can be pretty insecure out of the package that I believe. The sad part is, it is so easy to use that most people can set it up, and not secure it which leads to major problems. I hate to say it, but there needs to be a line drawn between ease-of-use and secure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.