Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this software hard to manage? I'm planning to apply for a "microsoft server 2003 and exchange" tech position and I was wondering if this is hard to learn. I know all the other stuff such as hardware/software/networking/etc, but will this be hard to learn?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
How many servers will you be handling ... Or better yet, how many users?

Exchange can get involved, and when you add in the other components you'll need to manage (DNS, server-level AV, Internet connectors, etc.) ... Well, it does take some time to get proficient.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
It might be best to set yourself up a little test domain to get familiarize with the environment. Normally you can download the evaluation versions of server and exchange from the microsoft website.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my view kind of depends on what you are expected to do, if you are doing user admin then it is not too painful but if it is implementation and maintaince of an exchange server I would avoid it like the plague until you get some solid experience.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
good point, i was under the impression that you were going to be the admin. If its just a support job then its a good chance to learn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.